Wednesday, September 10, 2008

As I was walking at the gym today, I was switching between channels and stopped on the CBS morning show for a minute. Stephen Curtis Champan was a guest on the show today. I have read the headlines and seen the magazines but as I listened to him tell about their story and the faith and hope that they have I was brought to tears right their at the gym!!!. So, he went on to sing "Cinderella" and they showed a video of their family and again I cried.

As I watched that, I couldn't help remembering our own sweet little boy that went to live with Jesus 6 years ago. I too know the grief and heartache that comes with losing a child. As he spoke he talked about how they would enjoy their daughter's wedding with a mixture of sadness and hope for the future. And he reminded the audience about faith and how they would not have hope without that faith.

I sometimes wonder if I was able to portray that in my life. I spent many years so full of anger and resentment. Torn between what I knew was the Lord's plan and my human nature to just be angry at what I had lost. I began to balance those feelings and it didn't take long for me to see the Lord's plan for my life and how it has been orchestrated these past 6 years. I'm blessed with these beautiful children who I KNOW were given to me!! As I spend my days watching and teaching them, I only hope that I can show them Jesus in me.

I don't often talk about it but after watching that news program today, I just had to pour my heart out. Thanks for listening

5 comments:

K Storm said...

It is great that you are able to share your story. You never know who may need to hear those words. How do people pull themselves out of such despair without the hope that God gives?

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you shared that. today i missed grandmama and grandaddy extra bad and i needed to read that.
God is truly good.

The Family Bond said...

MA, not only do exemplify Christ in your grief, you also do you in your joy for Him, your children, and your family.

debbie said...

Our God is an awesome God
He has such great plans for our lives, we don't understand them but His love is so overflowing.
I know He brought three precious children to us and I believe they will do great work for His kingdom just as you as their mom are doing.

Love, Grandmama

TRP said...

Sending a big hug to you today. You are a precious gift to your babies. He knows every hurt and every tear we've shed....He bottles them up! Miss you guys!